Backyardfence2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Backyardfence2

An inactive forum that was for discussing topics related to the town of Winchendon in Massachusetts USA.GuestThu May 02, 2024 8:48 am

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
plays in dirt

plays in dirt

looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe _
PostSubject: looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe  looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:24 am

I think that I will have an abundant supply of green tomatoes due to the pending arrival of Hurricane Irene. I have never made Piccadilly before but have enjoyed a jar or two in the past.

Does any body have a recipe? I will even give you a supply of fresh organic green tomatoes prior to Sunday. I hate to see all of my work in the garden this year go to waste...... Sad Sad
smithy

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe  looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Piccadilly recipe: Take a few intersecting roads, add a bunch of high end stores, throw in a couple of double decker buses, place it in London, toss in... Oh, you mean piccallili! Very Happy

Here you go: http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,green_tomato_piccalilli,FF.html
Oscar

Oscar

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe  looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Smithy, you funny Laughing
smithy

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe  looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Your avatar doesn't look that amused.
plays in dirt

plays in dirt

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe  looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:34 pm

yes, I guess I mean piccallili drunken
Oscar

Oscar

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe  looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:14 pm

smithy wrote:
Your avatar doesn't look that amused.

What can I say? I'm a cool cat cat
Hudson

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe  looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:01 am

"Piccadilly and Chow are the same thing, other folks call it millionaire's relish" That what one person said any way.
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe  looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 am

it's a recipe of Piccadilly Carrot Souffle:

2 lb. carrots (about 8 med-large) peeled, and cut into chunks
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup flour
4 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted

Cook the carrots until tender; drain and mash. In large mixing bowl, combine mashed carrots, sugar, baking powder, vanilla and flour. Beat for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue to beat, slowly adding melted butter. Pour mixture into a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish or 9″ square pan. Bake at 325F about an hour, or until set in the centre. Note: if your oven runs hot, reduce the temperature a bit to avoid scorching the bottom.
To serve,lightly dust the top with powdered sugar.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe  looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe Empty

looking for a good Piccidilly Recipe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Backyardfence2 :: Guests Read-Only Forums :: Recipes-
Jump to: